PYGHACK will aim towards helping the greater Champaign-Urbana area and community through social good combined with innovation and technology. Teams will have the opportunity to choose from a set of challenges related to the topic, with a few challenge categories:
- Benefits the common good in the community at-large, whether that be a local non-profit, organization that benefits the underprivileged, or something else.
- Benefit the community in terms of retention of student talent for growth of Champaign-Urbana's professional job sector.
- Benefit visitors to Champaign-Urbana community to encourage return visits to the community.
- Bind together groups of existing organizations to encourage collaboration to benefit the greater Champaign-Urbana community.
Here are some basic rules about participating in PYGHACK:
- Hackers must present their ID to gain entry to PYGHACK, which will be crosschecked against the ticketing manifest provided by Pygmalion organizers.
- This event is open to registered members only. Please register your team AHEAD of time or else you will not be granted entry to the event.
- If you are registering for the hack, please let us know if you have any food allergies that we should be aware of.
- There are a variety of prizes available depending on the scope of what your team builds — check out the prizes section to learn more about what to shoot for!
- Throughout the hack, teams will be provided with data sets and possible access to key leaders and nonprofit organizations working in the space to help craft their solutions.
- Maximum five (5) members per team.
- All members of the team should be present to pitch to our judges and receive their prize at the awards ceremony.
For more information about the HACK, please visit the FAQ section of the website.
Read our Code of Conduct for PYGHACK here.